Daily computer oriented tips. Some may be new to most people, some may be mostly used already but new to a few. There will be a few photography tips thrown in as well since we own a portrait studio and cameras are now computers.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Clear your desktop


Windows key + d Shows your desktop
(Minimizes every open program and browser)


Repeat to reopen everything.


We share computers at work. For me this is a problem. Some people I work with are as tidy with the computer desktop as they are with their cars. It used to make me crazy minimizing their programs to have a clear working area until my favorite daughter in law, Carlie showed me the the above trick.


A few more windows key tips:
  • Windows + e Opens My computer.
  • Windows + f Find files or folders, (search)
  • Windows + l Logout
These are the few I find helpful to me. If you want to see more, go to the middle of the page at:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_key

No comments:

Post a Comment